The New York Restaurant is one of Greene County's newest places to dine, offering a lively yet elegant atmosphere and a culinary style that's been refined over generations. Recently revived and brought back to life, the restaurant dates back to the Prohibition, and is owned and operated by a Natasha Witka who aims to create a speakeasy atmosphere while providing sumptuous cuisine.
Located on Main Street in Catskill, the restaurant's menu includes American staples, such as sirloin burgers and sandwiches, as well as European-style artisan flat bread pizzas, and an array of traditional Polish recipes including house-made pierogis and Golabki.
Chef Zac Stough provides an epicurean experience based on culinary philosophy that good food can be simple, yet hold a wealth of complex flavors. House-cured meats, European-style café favorites, and special dishes such as seared salmon with celery root welcome one and all to the table.
Catering is available both on and off premises for parties and private business meetings. Please make reservations in advance.
- $5 Taco Tuesday features gourmet tacos
- Wine Down Thursday means half-price bottles of select wines. Oh, and there's a wine club you can join too.
- Sunday Brunch from noon till 3 pm features decadent favorites such as stuffed crepes, bourbon and caramel-glazed French toast, quiche and frittata.
- Happy Hour is offered Monday through Friday from 4-6 pm and features $4 appetizers, drafts, wines and cocktails.
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm-11pm